Thursday, November 20, 2008

Does Dallas Really Need Pacman?

I can't tell for sure how many of Pacman Jones' teammates are truly excited about having him back. I think if you took a poll, you might be surprised to see how much support from his teammates has deteriorated.

After all, the club has managed to climb out of their death defying spiral without having the troubling cornerback on their team.

So, why should any player on this team be excited about having this guy back on the team? Because Jerry said so? Is Dallas truly a better team with this trouble chaser on the team?

Pacman has support, not just from owner Jerry Jones, who is still trying to convince fans they should spend big bucks on buying tickets at his new stadium, but from defensive tackle Tank Johnson.

"I support Pac," says Johnson. "He knows that we're all with him and we're not going to turn our back on him, and as soon as he gets back, it'll be business as usual and I can't wait to have '21' next to me and my locker."

I guess you have to consider the source, but this is from a guy who seems to have learned his lesson. I'm all for second chances, but I'm not convinced he makes the Cowboys a better team.

"He hasn't let me down. I think he let himself down," says Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears. "It's just like parents teaching you when you're at home. They expect you to do the thing things when you leave. If you don't it's your responsibility to suffer the consequences."

Lately, Pacman Jones has been suffering the consequences.

No comments: