Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cowboys Lose Patrick Crayton For At Least A Month

The injury to Patrick Crayton has left the Cowboys trying to figure out, what to do at his Wide Receiver position and also, how to replace him as the teams punt returner.

“Patrick was doing a very good job for us, very good job,” says Head Coach Bill Parcells. “Patrick is good in the running game, he's good in the passing game, and he's a pretty good returner. So that's a piece that's not easily replaced.”

Crayton had surgery to repair bone chips in his right ankle on Monday and will be out at least 4-weeks. That’s certainly better news then originally thought, because at first glance, Dallas thought they had lost him for the season.

Either way, the injury to Crayton should give Peerless Price, a chance to play more, but even he isn't sure that will happen.

“Like I said, I haven't heard that I am going to play,” says Price. “But as far as being disgruntled, I don't think I've been disgruntled. I just feel like I can help us win games, that's the main part, and like I stated before, I'm not saying I should play over this guy, or that guy, I just want to play with the guys.”

Playing special teams, which Wide Receiver Terrance Copper can do, is part of the equation, and may dictate how much Price will play. Plus, Parcells hasn't been totally impressed by what Price has done in practice, although he should remember him from his first 6-years in the league.

“I don't think that's fair to assess, because I really haven't him long enough under pressure, to evaluate him,” says Parcells. “Practice is one thing, but actually doing it is another thing.”

Says Keyshawn Johnson, “I probably think that on certain downs and situations, I will probably move back inside, a lot more than I have been this year, just because I know what Parcells wants.”

Before he came to Dallas, Price had never missed a game in his six year career. Since signing with the Cowboys, he's been inactive four out of the first six, but it looks like, that is about to change.

No comments: