Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Julius Jones Injured Again

Julius Jones missed 8-of the first 9-games his rookie season last year, so when he limped off the field in the second quarter on Sunday against the Eagles, it was not a good sign.

Brad Sham, who called the game for KLUV, said “Julius Jones, a little gimby after,(the play) in fact, he is limping off. He is injured.”

His on air diagnosis was accurate, given that Jones is now listed as questionable for Sunday's game against NFC East rival, the New York Giants.

“He was rehabbing some today, so we'll just see where he is, says Head Coach Bill Parcells. “I mean, it’s a case of whether he can function or not. I'm not going to put anybody out there who can't function.”

If he can't, it appears rookie Tyson Thompson would get his first regular season start against the Giants. Thompson had his best day in a Cowboys uniform filling in on Sunday, finishing with 20-carries for 75-yards, all in the second half.

“I'm getting reps right now, because Julius can't practice,” says Thompson. “So right now, I'm just going to take it like that and see if Julius is able to go or not, if not, I'm going to step in.”

Also waiting to step in is Anthony Thomas who has been inactive twice this year, and as had only 9-carries all season. He and Bill Parcells have already had a talk, and he hopes Thomas was receptive.

Says Parcells, “Well, it wasn't a two way discussion, I hope so, I hope so, because I was trying to give him real good advice.”

“I mean, sometimes you get frustrated,” says Thomas. “I mean, who doesn't get frustrated. I'm a competitor. I want to go out and compete. When I don't have the opportunity, I do get a little frustrated.”

If he's healthy, Jones will always be Bill Parcells first choice. if he's not, there's never a shortage of guys who are itching to run the ball

No comments: